- 5BX Exercise 1 for 2 minutes: Keep your feet apart, arms upward, reverse clasp your hands and keep your arms straight. Bend forwards to the floor, touch the floor 6 inches outside left foot, then between feet, and then 6 inches outside right foot. After this, stretch upwards and bend backwards as far as possible and repeat. Reverse direction after half the number of counts. Keep your hands tightly reverse clasped at all times.
- 5BX Exercise 2 for 1 minute: Lie on your back with your feet together, arms straight over the head and legs straight. Keep your arms straight over your head on the floor. Sit up and raise your legs to touch the toes in a “V” position. Keep your feet together and your legs and arms straight. All of the upper back and legs clear the floor with your fingers touching your toes each time.
- 5BX Exercise 3 for 1 minute: Lie on your front with your arms extended over your head.. Raise your arms, head, shoulders, arms, chest and both legs as high as possible then press back once. Keep your legs and arms straight. Make sure your chest and both thighs move completely off the floor.
- 5BX Exercise 4 for 1 minute: Lie on your front and keep your hands under your shoulders. Keep your palms flat on the floor, approximately 1 foot from ears directly to the side of your head. Push off the floor and slap your chest before returning to the starting position. Keep you body straight during the entire movement. Make sure you can hear the chest slap.
- 5BX Exercise 5 for 6 minutes: Stationary run and Jack jumps: here you will be running on a spot without moving forward. After every 75 steps do 10 “Jack jumps”.
- Stationary run: Count a step each time your left foot touches the floor. Lift your knees waist high. Repeat this sequence until your complete the required number of steps.
- Jack jumps: Keep your feet together and knees bent. Crouch on to your heels, with your finger tips touching the ground. Drop to a half-crouch position with hands on your knees and arms straight. Jump up, raise your legs waist high. Keep your legs straight, raise feet level to standing waist height and touch your toes in midair. Make sure your touch your toes each time.
The table below shows how to gradually progress through the exercises. Start at Level D- or if this is too easy for you from level C-. Repeat each exercise for the stated number of times within the time limits mentioned above. As the days go by, you will be able to complete more repetitions of each exercise within the time limits. Then you can progress up the chart.
If you are unable to do Exercise 5, there are 2 alternative options listed in the last 2 columns: you can either walk or run. Do either one of these options in the time stated.